Thursday 29 April 2010

Highway to the Dangerzone


We tried many things today, all came to an epic fail.

First, we wanted to go to the movies to see Iron Man but all the cinemas were shut due to the protesters. Then we decided to go for a walk and explore, about a block from our hotel we had to turn around due to the heavy army and police presence, and I was becoming more and more anxious about being blown up by a grenade so we decided to head back to the motel.

It was here that we found some success to our day - a traditional Thai massage for an hour - I was poked, prodded and twisted and came back feeling sore rather than relaxed. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of massages and this one didn't make me think any differently.

Whilst having dinner there are streams of military and police walking past, one even posing for us.

I'm looking forward to our tour to Kanchanaburi tomorrow as it will be our first day of real adventure rather than terror.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, epic fail travelling, I know the feeling. We prefer to call them adventures though :) You can see a movie anywhere, instead you got to experience the streets of The Danger Zone. Woo!

    - jo

    ReplyDelete